Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Leftover Central - Cranberry Bars!




We had my folks down for Thanksgiving this year, and even though I made my wonderful and very easy REAL cranberry sauce, they ate from the can. Sigh. Parents...what are we going to do with them? Well, luckily they only ate about a teaspoon of it each, so Thanksgiving night I found myself online looking for something to make with leftover cranberry sauce. There were lots of options, and I opted for something sweet! So if you find yourself with leftover cranberry sauce, try these!

Cranberry Bars

1 cup flour
1 cup oats
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup cranberry sauce

Combine all ingredients except the cranberry sauce in a bowl and stir until mixture resembles crumbs.

Reserve 1 cup of the crumb mixture and press the rest into the bottom of an 8 inch square baking pan.

Evenly spread the cranberry sauce over the pressed crumb mixture. *

Crumble reserved 1 cup of crumbs evenly over the spread cranberry. Pat gently.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, until it is golden brown.

Let cool, and cut into bars. Keep stored in the refrigerator. :)



*note: my canned cranberry needed a quick stir in a separate bowl to become spreadable

1 comment:

  1. Katie, I went and bought canned cranberry just to try these, and they are WONDERFUL!! So happy to have a day stuck inside the house to make them!
    YUM-O!

    ReplyDelete